Friday, February 24, 2012

My Princess has arrived!!

I have only penned about my son A all the days. Infact i was so crazy that i wanted a girl when i knew about my pregnancy but after my daughter was born life has become completely hectic. Finally decided to write down her precious moments so that i can cherish about these later in life.

On 11th August i had mild cramps from morning but was holding on and not even calling the doctor till evening due to stupid sentiments & beliefs on baby's birth star. At around 4:30 finally called the doctor and she asked me to come to the hospital for a checkup and said if required i may get admitted or i may be sent back home. I packed the bag and me and Aravind left to the hospital around 5.30. We reached Cradle (Cloud Nine) at around 6:15 PM and had a check up done by a duty doctor. The doctor called my doctor and said i have dilated 2 cms. Doctor said it will take a long time to proceed so i can go home but her advise is to get admitted. We immediately filled the form and made all preparations to get admitted. The rooms were like a hotel room with shower cubicle, big mirros, and much more. But i was beginning to get scared now (Come on, Its Delivery, how can i not be scared!!!). A duty doctor came and examined me and i was asked if i wanted epidural. I said i need epidural after my severe pain begins. My pains started getting severe - contractions lasting for 30 sec every 4 - 5 min. The epidural doctor came and i was given epidural injection in my spine(oopssssss....v painful). We cannot even move during contractions when the epidural is being given.
After that i did not feel much pain atall. But my contraction meter said i was progressing well. Aravind was seeing the contraction meter every now and then and said, pain is progressing!! but i felt no pain :)
After about an hour or so the duty doctor came again and examined me. She was asked to give pitocin. She kept updating my doctor and my doctor said she will start now and will come in another 30 min. She also told it may take atleast another 2 - 3 hours for me to reach the final stage.
But i was feeling the urge to push and i was telling the nurse i feel like pushing. The doctor examined me and said i was fairly in the last stage and i was immediately rushed to the labour ward. That was really unbearable and i was shouting in pain. I didnt realise what was happening around me as i was in severe pain. i was feeling dizzy too. In the labour ward they prepared me for delivery. But i was shouting everytime i had contraction. I was asking for my doctor. The duty doctor asked me not to push as my doctor is yet to come but that was too difficult!! I was shouting ''where is the doctor!!!'' Aravind was next to me and thought i do not want the duty doctor to do my delivery and that was why i was asking for the doctor. But he was not aware that the duty doctor asked me to wait and not push as the main doctor had not come yet. It was atlast unbearable and i started pushing. When the baby was just coming out i said 'i want a girl'!!..And the doctor said "You do have a girl!' i was soo happy and started crying out of happiness, pain, exitement and what not!
Within 3 - 4 minutes when my stiches were being done i called home and spoke to appa, amma & Aadithya. They were all v happy. Then i called my house and spoke to my dad & mom. Next called my grandmother and told her that i have delivered a girl. All were happy. Aadithya was soo exited that he kept talking all night in praise of her little sister itseems. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment